TD Clutch Linkage

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Clutch Linkage
From: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:06:24 -0500
I thought i was going to be doing something simple on the car today but as
usual things haven't turned out as planned.

I'm connecting the clutch linkage and have a couple of questions. I have
welded up the holes in the clutch link and the lever and redrilled back to
the proper size. I have purchased a new clutch rod because the old one had
been mangled and repaired several times. With all of the rods connected the
lever (on the oil pan) points to the 6:00 position. According to Horst
Schach's manual it should be pointing to the 8:00 position to be most
effective. I don't believe I'm getting full travel of the pedal. It looks
like the clutch link is too short. Mine measures 14 inches between the
center of the clevis pin holes. It looks like it should be about 3/8"
longer. Can someone possible measure their and let me know the proper
length? Also where does the spring attach to the lever?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Ron Olds