Turn signal wiring

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>, mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turn signal wiring
From: Andrew Moyce <amoyce@pol.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:32:42 -0400 (EDT)
Posted 17 October 2000 at 21:34:26 UK time
  Andy Moyce, Oakland, CA, amoyce@pol.net

  I finally got the correct parts (off e-Bay) to upgrade my 52 TD with
turn signals using the relay and original style switch.
  All works okay except the (added) dashboard indicator light. The
light is full on with the switch in center off postion, ignition on,
  and blinks opposite phase to the lamps when the switch is activated
in either direction.
  With my voltmeter, I get 12 v from the x terminal on the flasher
(pale green wire removed), and also 12 v from the # 1 post of the
  relay box. Voltage dips to less than half as the lamps illuminate.

  Is it me, Lucas, or the (probably Chinese) manufacturer of the
non-standard 3 terminal flasher?

  Andy Moyce
  52 TD