Re: TD Clutch Linkage

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: TD Clutch Linkage
From: "lbprince" <lbprince@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:44:56 -0700
Ron,

According to an excellent article by Carl Cederstrand a couple of years ago,
he points out that the clutch adjustment link should be extended by about
5/8".  Carl is a guru in the Vintage MG Club of Southern California.

A subsequent letter by Bill Link of the California MG T-Register points out
an easy way to elongate:

1)  Saw off about two inches from one end of the adjustment tube.
2)  Stick a piece of rod into the tube positioning the cut ends about 5/8"
apart and weld the rod to the tube ends.
3)  Keep the two clevises at the end of the link in the same plane.

Ben