Re: How much Coolant?

To: Scott Allen <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: How much Coolant?
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:02:53 -0400
Hi Scott,

    Isn't that a pain?  If you go cruising at highway speeds you'll discover
that some of the coolant winds up on your fenders and bonnet sides.  The end of
the overflow tube is in an area that brings air up into the underhood area and
out through the louvers.

    A solution that was suggested by Skip Kelsey of Shadetree motors has worked
beautifully for me.  I obtained a used coolant overflow tank from a late MGB and
mounted it onto the front of the battery hold-down clamp.  I then ran some
tubing from the outlet of the overflow pipe to the inlet of the overflow tank.
The cap on the overflow tank is left loose so as not to pressurize the TD
system.  It works like a charm.  I haven't lost a drop of coolant since I
installed it and I don't get the mess on the fenders anymore.  Jim Merz of St.
Louis did the same thing with the same results.   As they say, YMMV, but it
works for me.

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/