Re: Ammeter

To: simbafish@home.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ammeter
From: JagMkV@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 17:05:52 EDT
The ammeter on my 53 TD works in about the same fashion, except that it
"flickers".  The needle is always bouncing back and forth a little bit,
mostly to the positive (+) side, but spends most of the time in the center.
At low revs with headlights and high speed ( hah!) driving lights on, I can
see a small negative (-) discharge.  Like you, I've never had a battery
problem, the red annunciator light goes out and it always starts, so I know
it has to be charging.  If I were you, I'd forget it and go on to some other
more important part of the restoration like finding decals for your Lucas
battery.  Good luck
Craig Carragan
Southbury, CT USA
53 MGTD