Flasher Location

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Flasher Location
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 08:17:13 -0700
What is the proper location of the flasher unit (tungsol device,
not relay) on a late TD, i.e. March 53.
The one on my car is attached to the upper bolt which is holding
the horn to its bracket. When I got the car, it seemed mostly in
in original condition with few changes. I no longer have the
original flasher on the car so I can't check the date on it to
see if it may have been original to the car. I have read that the
flasher goes inside the car: attached to the battery box next to
the relay. I can't imagine anyone going to the trouble of fishing
the leads back through the scuttle (firewall) grommet just to
place the unit on the engine side.
Thanks.