Re: 5 speed question

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: 5 speed question
From: Andrew Moyce <amoyce@pol.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 18:21:17 -0800
Marque has it . .  temorary loss of orientation caused by driving on the
left hand side of the road.

The unit in question is made by Mitchell MFG, P.O. Box 236,  Healdsburg,
CA.
(707) 433-8329  or (800) 859-2088.
It's called the Mitchell Gear-Splitter and is available in several gear
ratios, which can be changed at any time.
Outside dimensions are 10" wide by 9" long and 5 1/2" deep. It is
designed to be mounted "midship of the vehicle dislpacing 14 1/2" of
drive line, requiring a two peice drive line for installation."
I called them several months ago and found them knowledgeable and
helpful.  They originally made the units for motor homes and the like,
then extended to vintage cars. They have a unit installation specific
for the Model A Ford, but don't have any experience with LBCs.
I'm not sure we have room for the unit in the driveline.

Andy
p.s.  Missed you at the Sorry Safari annual planning meeting . . . you
and Sarah are sponsoring four tours this year. :)

p.p.s. If I don't hand type autox into the Cc blank I assume the
correspondence is lost to the discussion group.