Re: Got some useful data

To: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Subject: Re: Got some useful data
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:39:48 -0400
Byron Short wrote:
> This is strange.  I re-tested my program to see this in action, and I
> can't get it to do this.  A single click on the title bar shouldn't
> result in maximizing the window.

For some reason, it's not happening for me today either.  I bet I had
my desktop in some funny mode or something, or I had a stuck key on the
keyboard, or something odd like that.

Here's another odd thing that might be a Geez! problem, or it might be
a Windows thing.  If I have a run open but minimized (iconified), then
I open a new run, the minimized run gets opened (underneath the newly
opened run).  Why does it change state like that?

It just seems like the windows are constantly misbehaving for me.  All
of a sudden some window I didn't care about opens up or moves to the
top, or I can't find a dialog box that got hidden behind something
else, or I can't even find the borders of a window to close or resize
it!  Maybe it's just because Microsoft sucks at designing window
systems, and I just need to get used to it?

Mark