Re: [Roadsters] Thanks for the input - so if I try and start it...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Thanks for the input - so if I try and start it...
From: ljordan704@netscape.net
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 14:05:53 -0400 (EDT)
 Good idea to check all the wiring too. Coil OK?, ignition switch wires OK?
starter wires OK? Those electrons have to get around.
Also carb screens in the carbs OK? rubber fuel lines intact?
You might be able to start it with one of these items not working well but my
feeling these days is to check all of that first. However I didn't know to do
all that in the beginning of course!
An EI dizzy did make a big difference in my car, I think with starting too,
actually. Maybe because all those little wires got cleaned etc. I don't see
why you couldn't set that up now, especially if you are going to be getting
one anyway.
You may need a bunch of clear fuel filters to clear out the tank gunk.
Fuel pump may be gummed also... Is it leaking?

Linda