Re: [Roadsters] 1600 exhaust questions

To: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 1600 exhaust questions
From: "Ken & Tammy Williams" <wilhouse@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 07:46:45 -0600
I'm not sure what the resonator is, or what it does.  That's the primary
reason for asking all ya'll. :-)
I had the original exhaust manifold replaced with the coated header, and
they installed a flex pipe at that time as well, but the rest of the exhaust
appears to be factory "fresh". So as memory serves, there is a pipe running
to a muffler near the area of the drivers seat, to a pipe over the rear axle
to the resonator and the fancy flared exhaust tip.
Eddie, do you recall a specific muffler you used?  Should I just go shopping
for a new muffler with the approximate dimensions of the resonator?
I should probably just drive it over to my fav exhaust shop and ask them?
Huh?
Ken Williams
I should be stealing Tim's signature, but not sure how well I'm learning...