[Roadsters] roadster parts and EXTREMELY funny story regarding my

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] roadster parts and EXTREMELY funny story regarding my
From: chalsted@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 14:14:55 +0000 (UTC)
I had to share this one...in addition to all the roadster parts I put on ebay
(seller 672000), I recently listed my '40 Packard Business Coupe on ebay with
$15k buy it now or best offer...someone contacted me and offered $8k which I
declined, he sent me back an e-mail saying that holding out for top dollar I'd
get stuck with the car...not so, I think it's going away on saturday. anyhow,
he had an unusual name and out of curiosity I did a Yahoo People search to
find what state he lived in. 3 people in the whole US with his first initial
and last name..only one of them the same first name. turned out back when the
"runaway bride" thing happened, he'd carved a "rudimentary likeness" of the
runaway bride on a piece of toasted Wonder Bread and on a whim put it on ebay-
and itB sold forB over 15 thousand dollars!!!!B B  and he was telling me I
wanted too much for my Packard.... sheesh!B  :-)

Craig