Re: [Roadsters] 1600 exhaust questions

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 1600 exhaust questions
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 14:13:44 -0600
Last spring I had a system built around 2 1/4 in. pipe, the largest that
comfortably fit through the stock holes in the frame. The engine's a stock
U-20. If I were planning maximizing power I probably would have had it made
from mandrel bent tubing, but we did make sure the pipe was centered to
avoid banging. The guy wedged lengths of pipe centered in the holes and then
used welding rod to mock up the bends so those sections of pipe stayed
centered when the system was finished. Medium sized reversre flow muffler
under the seat, glass pack type resonator back by the gas tank along with a
beveled chrome tip.

Works very well. Roughly 3 hours on the lift, cost was just under $400 which
I thought a bit high, but the workmanship is very good.

FWIW,
Ron