Re: Replacement rear axle assembly

To: "Ronnie Day" <ronday@tlabgalaxy.net>,
Subject: Re: Replacement rear axle assembly
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:54:01 -0400
Ron,
I put a ford 8.8 LSD in the "R".

Used, low mileage '93 mustang axle - $200
Labor & parts to cut down housing, install perches,
new bearings, clutches, etc., setup everything - $635
Price for Moser to cut, respline, and redrill lug holes - $170
Leaving twin, 30 ft. long  black patches down the street - PRICELESS!

All the details of the swap, complete with a dimensioned drawing are on my
website under the Axle, engine, tranny link.  Lots of different ratios for
the 8.8 too.  I'm running a 3:55 behind the v6/t5, but 3:73, 3:90, and 4:11
are readily available and reasonably priced.
Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH
66 1600 http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/