Speedometer repair?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedometer repair?
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster2@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 20:23:02 -0500
The speedo in my '70 2k has started reading slow.  For over thirty years it
has always read 60 mph at 3000 rpm in fourth.  Now it is reading about 5 mph
slow.  I assume that something is dirty/worn in the speedo head and needs
repair?  Thoughts or ideas?

If repair of the head is needed any suggestions on where to have it done?  Any
experience regarding the cost of such an operation?

I just can't wait to pull the speedo head.  Now THERE'S a fun job for someone
with big hands!

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
roadster2@schroeder-family.us
Home page: http://schroeder-family.us
NRA Life Member

Behold the superfluous. They are always sick. They
vomit their gall and call it a newspaper.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche   1844-1900