Re: Speedometer repair?

To: Dan Zubkoff <zubkoff@sbcglobal.net>, Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>,
Subject: Re: Speedometer repair?
From: GREG KERSHISNIK <gregkershisnik@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:07:31 -0700 (PDT)
     Don't mean to trash anyone, but I had the worst dealing I have ever had in
my life with Palo Alto.
      They took 8 months to rebuild my gauges.I was originally quoted 2 to 3
months maximum. They lost parts from 2 gauges which I replaced at my expense.
       They specifically told me I was paying for complete and total rebuilds
and to quote them "They will be equal to or better than new". When my gauges
came back the odometer numbers were yellow and still dirty and one of the
bezels was split at the bottom. The bodies were zinced in white not in the
original yellow.
      For this I paid $770.00. When I originally called before sending up the
gauges they said " We  have done them before and that the price would be
$650.00". When they received the gauges they requoted to the higher price. The
gauges I sent up actually were not unusual or damaged and in good working order
so I can not account for the price change. I basically wanted them to have the
new silk screening and the internal workings checked.
      I called them at least 20 times for a explanation as to why it was
talking so long and got blown off on numerous occasions. They said they
returned my phone calls, but I never had any messages on my voice mail.
      I gave them plenty of opportunity to make things right and exhausted any
chance of compensation or even a apology. I do not recommend them at all.

  Greg

  67  1/2 Solex 2000 ground up.

Dan Zubkoff <zubkoff@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  I've heard good things about Palo Alto Speedometer for
the restoration of Gauges.

Palo Alto Speedometer
718 Emerson St.
Palo Alto, CA 94301-2410
Tel: 650-323-0243
Fax: 650-323-4632

http://www.paspeedo.com/

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA

> On Apr 9, 2006, at 8:23 PM, Fred Schroeder wrote:
>
> > The speedo in my '70 2k has started reading slow.
> For over thirty
> > years it
> > has always read 60 mph at 3000 rpm in fourth. Now
> it is reading
> > about 5 mph
> > slow. I assume that something is dirty/worn in
> the speedo head and
> > needs
> > repair? Thoughts or ideas?
> >

> > If repair of the head is needed any suggestions on
> where to have it
> > done? Any
> > experience regarding the cost of such an
> operation?

starting at 1&cent;/min.