Re: datsun roadster mileage

To: francis67datsun@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: datsun roadster mileage
From: Paceset1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 20:00:15 EDT
Sorry to bust the balloon of your apparent strongly confirmed belieft
francis67datsun, but the absolutely true original mileage on my 1968 2000  IS
37,513
miles.  I bought my roadster in late 1971  or early 1972.  I was the second
owner.  I garaged my Datsun in 1973  and she's been garaged ever since then.  I
garaged my roadster because I  blew a head gasket.  I was in college then,
and I didn't have the  knowledge or the time to rebuild the motor.  I held on
my Datsun for 33  more years saying to myself all those years, "One of these
days I'll completely  restore my Datsun... everything, motor rebuild and full
body-off- frame  restoration."  One of these days came last year, and on
Father's Day I  began to get my roadster ready for a complete resoration.  I've
been  chipping away at it since.  And, my motor, which will get a complete
rebuild, STILL, as it has for 33 years, has 37,513 miles  on it.  And, it ain't
lie!

    I KNOW at least one 38 year old Datsun 2000  has low milage.  I've also
heard of other Datsun roadsters being stored for  many, many years, and I su
spect that there may be other true low  milage roadsters out there as well.

Kevin
68 SRL311
Ossipee, NH

In a message dated 4/9/2006 5:35:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,