Re: Theft Protection

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Theft Protection
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 10:42:24 -0500
Hi, Phil,

You can get slow blow fuses at any electronics parts house, Radio Shack,
Mouser, Digi-Key, etc. They come in boxes of 5. I would guess that the
fuse should be in the 1~2 Amp range, so you would want to get 3AG1SB or
3AG2SB fuses. Slow blow fuses are rated to take surges better than fast
blow fuses. As I recall the slow blow fuses will take a 100% overload
for something like 1 minute before it blows. The fuse rating will depend
on what ignition you are running. Factory coil will take a smaller fuse
than a hot coil. If you decide to try it please let us know what fuse
you find works best.

Oh, be sure to have a spare fuse so you can reset the system just in
case it gets activated! The fuse is not needed to drive your car, just
arm the protection again.

Peace,
Pat