Re: A real roadster question!!

To: "Eric Frisbee" <efris@qwest.net>,
Subject: Re: A real roadster question!!
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efris@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 14:59:19 -0600
An email blast from the past!   A beautiful 80 degree day in Colorado and I
still had a roadster down... so I finally got off my butt and started
working on it today... of course, it snowed here on Friday, don't like the
weather, wait 5 minutes!  Now it's looking like rain. I have the '67 top
down... come on rain!

Anyway, the verdict is in...

Cracked distributor cap or broken vacuum advance line?  Take your pick of
what caused this problem!  Kudos to Greg Burrows for the vacuum advance
suggestion!   I also checked out many of your other fine suggestions as
well.   Fuel filter looked a bit swamped with little crud, so swapped it out
with a new one (still running the original glass bowl one).. .Thanks to
Chris Robertson for that suggestion!    Exhaust is definately not
restricted... in fact, the manifold has a hole in it!  ARGHHH!   Time to get
a header for that car!    Floats aren't sunk... I replaced the original
brass ones that I had repaired with a new set of those plastic ones...
excellent investment!

It's starting to look like I need to get started on a rolling restoration on
this car soon!   Engine and powertrain are the beginning!

Talk to you all later and thanks for all the help!!

Eric