Re: A real roadster question!!

To: efris@qwest.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A real roadster question!!
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 01:22:28 EDT
In a message dated 5/14/02 9:32:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, efris@qwest.net
writes:

> Now people, don't go into shock, but I actually have a REAL ROADSTER
> QUESTION!
>
> Our early '67 1600 seems to have a bit of a problem these days...  serious
> bogging down going uphill?   It feels almost like it's got fuel starvation,
> but when I tested it...

Hello,

Lots of reasons to make a Roadster act like this.  But, I would check the
fuel floats.  Many times they develop cracks and the car will actually flood
itself out.  What seems like starvation is the opposite.  Are your carbs
spitting out fuel from the overflow tubes?  If so then maybe this is the
problem.  You may not be able to tell if the car is at idle.

Pull out the floats.  Easy three minute job.  Sometimes you cant see the
cracks.  If they are the old brass style floats you may want to change them
to the plastic units.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion