Re: A real roadster question!!

To: efris@qwest.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A real roadster question!!
From: "Chris Robertson" <ckrobertson@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 23:54:15 -0500
It sounds like a fuel problem, probably either starvation or too rich.  If
you were lean, it would knock under that kind of load.  You've checked fuel
pressure...is 5 lbs enough...I don't know.  The filter appears clean, but it
might be worth swapping in a new $1.99 fuel filter to be sure.  I get lots
of microscopic garbage that clogs mine.  Carb dashpots full?

Is the exhaust restrictive in any way?  Does the car have the original smog
equipment?

Good luck,
Chris