Re: brake pad/shoe recommendations sought

Subject: Re: brake pad/shoe recommendations sought
From: Chris Coker <chriscoker@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:33:33 -0400
> this is an open question to anyone with an opinion, good or bad, about
> brake pads and shoes of any particular manufacturer.
> KFP?

I've been using KFP carbon-kevlar pads and shoes on the race car for over a
year now.  I'm using the hard (gold) pad compound.  I wouldn't recommend it
for street or for autocross, as they need a decent amount of heat to work.
But when they do heat up, hang on!  :)

For race use, they are great.  I'm getting a lot of miles out of them as
well.  They generate a lot of brake dust, but that's not a big consideration
for the race car.

The rotor life also seems to be excellent.  My pad supplier says KFP are
popular with the vintage formula car classes due to their rotor
"friendliness."

Happy roadstering,
--
Chris Coker