brake pad/shoe recommendations sought

To: "roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake pad/shoe recommendations sought
From: "Peter Long" <Peter.Long@ecologic.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:35:49 -0400
Hey all,

this is an open question to anyone with an opinion, good or bad, about
brake pads and shoes of any particular manufacturer.

I'm more interested in material with high initial bite (i.e. when
relatively cold), and would appreciate any commentary from those of you
with experience with good (or not so good) autocross compounds.  Also of
interest is how rotor friendly any particular compound is.

I'm running Volvo 4-pots up front, and stock drums and cylinders on the
back. The master cylinder is a 7/8" 240z.  Anyone with this set-up have
a recommendation?

Opinions about:
EBC 'Greenstuff' or 'Redstuff'?
Hawk?