Looking for Enlightenment

To: "'Datsun Roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for Enlightenment
From: "reblues" <reblues@reblues.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:27:14 -0400
Here are a few questions I have wondered about for years.

These are on my 68 roadster.

1. In the molding where the tops sit, just behind the mounting brackets,
    there is a hole on each side of the car.  What are these for?
       My quess.  Support bar for the tonneau cover.

2. Underneath the ledge that the same molding sits on, in the back center,
    there is a mounting bracket with 2 treaded holes. What is this for?
        My quess.  Absolutely none

3.  On the back of the alternator mount on the drivers side, there is a
     protrusion with a bolt hole.  What connects here.
         My quess.  A brace for the manifold.

As you can see, it doesn't take much to Enlighten me.  If I can get these
questions answered then maybe I'll move on to the meaning of life or which
goes better with Tequila,  Corona or Petes Wicked Ale?

Thank You
Richard Brown
reb@reblues.net