Re: brake pad/shoe recommendations sought

To: "roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake pad/shoe recommendations sought
From: Michael Spreadbury <michaelspreadbury@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:03:56 -0700
At 12:35 PM 5/14/2002 -0400, Peter Long wrote:

>I'm running Volvo 4-pots up front, and stock drums and cylinders on the
>back. The master cylinder is a 7/8" 240z.  Anyone with this set-up have
>a recommendation?

Peter,

I have the exact setup you describe on my SR20DE powered Datsun Roadster,
and I have been VERY happy with the genuine Volvo replacement pads that I
installed in my calipers. They have great initial bite, and I cannot seem
to fade them, even when working the car pretty hard in the hills.  They
have been very easy on the brake rotors, with no noticeable wear at all. I
think that the only thing that one could complain about would be they dust
quite a bit...

Michael Spreadbury
Corvallis, Oregon

1966 Datsun Roadster (SR20DE power)
1968 Datsun Roadster (SR20DE project)
1970 Datsun Bluebird SSS Coupe (SR20DET/6-speed project)