Re: brake pad/shoe recommendations sought

To: Peter Long <Peter.Long@ecologic.ca>
Subject: Re: brake pad/shoe recommendations sought
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 19:59:36 +0200
I drive Volvo cars every day and I use
original factory brake pads. The O.E.
pads are usually made by BBA Friction
or Textar (Bosch/ATE). They bite very
good when they are cold. Pad material
have improved a lot in the past 5 years
and Textar T4097 is used for heavy duty
use on later Volvo's. Another Textar pad
material is T428 that is used by Porsche.
This was recently updated to T4128.
Another weird thing about Porsche pad
material is the smell. Just like dry dogfood.

Volvo original material for 4-piston calipers
are Textar TX462 which is a light duty
material. Good for maybe 4-5 hard stops
before they  fade.

You can see the pad material type number
printed on the backside of the pads.

For aftermarket pads, maybe EBC greenstuff
would be suitable for you.

Thomas