[Re: Why all the Angst]

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Re: Why all the Angst]
From: "Paul Miller" <pjm@etoast.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:29:30 -0700
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
TO THE LIST:

I'm not sure why Lehinger chose to send this to the list.  This was a private
exchange that I sent to him at his direct email address.  I was intending to
report the whole thing to the list administrator, but obviously, Lehinger would
rather everyone know about it.  Well, OK.  I apologize to everyone who must be
tired of CR*P like this.  I know I am!

Here is the reply that I emailed to Lehinger directly.  Hopefully this will
drop now.  I have no desire to continue this publicly.  I DO hope the list
administrator can do something about this kind of unfortunate seller behavior.
It seems to me that would be a good thing for a list administrator to do.

Paul

**************

Hmmm.  Interesting reply.  You are quite right.  There was no
contract.  Just the obligation to behave in an appropriate manner as
a seller on an email list.  I was completely up-front with you from
my first reply to your original email.  I communicated with you
promptly and courteously.  I also had to prompt you twice to get you
to even reply to your email.  That's irresponsible as a seller on an
email list, and actually pretty rude.

If you intend to sell things via a subscribed email list or even on
ebay for that matter, it behoves you to attend to your emails and
treat people fairly, responsibly, and courteously.  If you can't do
that, perhaps you should rethink what you're doing.  You're not
helping anyone, least of all yourself.

You had a viable, probably first offer on those emblems from me.  If
it wasn't a first offer you could have informed me of that.  That
would have been responsible and courteous. If you are trying to sell
to the highest bidder then sell on ebay, not an email list.  Selling
on an email list should be more "first-come-first-serve" as long as
the "first-come" meets your price.

I admit that I was angry when I wrote my last email to you, but I
really don't have any animosity toward you.  I just think you behaved
badly.  We all behave badly from time to time.  Lord knows I have.  I
would hope you could learn from this and try to change your thinking
about how you are doing things.  Then we all will benefit, but
especially you.

Paul