Re: Quest for easier fit engine

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Quest for easier fit engine
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 23:34:34 +0200
The max. height is about 23 inches. Few 4-valve engines
are that low unless they are mounted at an angle due to
the camgears. Most engines can handle a 20 degree tilt
and a few even a little more but more than 30 degrees you
need a dry sump oil system. I think the latest BMW M3 engine
have a 34 degree tilt but it also have an oil return pump in
the cylinder head. I think the L-series Nissan is 12 degrees.
This is only for inline engines, V-engines is a different story.

Thomas