Re: Quest for easier fit engine

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Quest for easier fit engine
From: Tomet9@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 11:40:28 EDT
Hi Datsun fans,

   There has been much talk of ways to preserve the U20, which I am all for.
There has also been much thread concerning transplant swaps mostly of other
nissan engines which I am for as well. I have allways been a datsun nut since
my early years in Japan, and I have had my shares of 510 Bluebird
coupes,610's, 1200 Sunny coupes and Fairlady 2000 (Z car). I love Nissan but
I'm not a purist either. If there were a way to fit a Toyota or other engine
in the roadster bay without major fabrication, I'd do it. I think most of us
would like a easy fit engine that pulls just as much or more HP's than our
U20. Don't get me wrong, I do like the U20 but in quest for reliability and
drivability modern engines are efficient(EFI). Therein lies my question to
the list. Has any one studied or contemplated a swap of another 4 cylinder
multi/valve engine that they think would fit without cross member
modifications and such, where there would be less pain involved? I would like
to stay w/a 4cylinder due to weight issues and preferably a twin cam 4 valve.
 SR,KA, and FJ have been mentioned a lot but isn't there some thing out there
that will fit easier?