Re: Quest for easier fit engine

To: Peter Long <Peter.Long@ecologic.ca>
Subject: Re: Quest for easier fit engine
From: The Dread Pirate Roberts <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:38:52 -0700
Isn't there someone out there with a well-defined L-series engine swap, i.e., a
kit or
something? It's not a real update - those are older engines - but they're
bulletproof, the
parts are plentiful and there are lots of go-faster bits available (tho' one
would have to
endure those smug "I-told-you-so" looks from the dimers).

This would be of interest to me down the road 'cos I just happen to have an
L-16 sitting
in my garage - it was pulled from my old PL521 and replaced with a low-mileage
Japanese
engine 'cos I didn't have time to do a ring job on it - but it has a
custom-ground cam and
L-18 valves and made good power before the oil control rings in #'s 2 and 3
went bad.

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA