RE: A crusty marine engineers armchair solution to U20 timing

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>
Subject: RE: A crusty marine engineers armchair solution to U20 timing
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 22:36:19 -0400
You'd have to use a U20 front cover as the waterpump mounts to it and the
cylinder head also bolts to it at the front.  I suppose you could put a hole
in the front cover with an oil seal and something protruding out from the
jackshaft.  You'd have to do the same with the cam which gets a little
strange as you'd need to put the oil seal in the valve cover?
I'd still like to see some better pictures of Craig Hoopers U20 with the
belt drive.  Any of this is very Rube Goldberg though as you can do an
engine swap for less money and still make more power at the same time.
Oh well,
Brian