Re: A crusty marine engineers armchair solution to U20

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: A crusty marine engineers armchair solution to U20
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 19:17:27 -0700
The problem with all this stuff is the development time... time is money.  I
have a
source that could fabricate just about anything.  However, when you compare
$500 in
gears to $45.00 an hour shop time, you don't get a lot of development and
fabrication time.  This is not an easy fix, and doing it right is paramount, as
echoed by the "purchase valves and pistons" comment!  I welcome continued
research
in this area, and I will continue to do so too.  If you come up with good ideas
and
actual gears, etc and need a fabricator, let me know.
Greg Burrows