RE: A crusty marine engineers armchair solution to U20 timing

To: "'The Dread Pirate Roberts'" <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Subject: RE: A crusty marine engineers armchair solution to U20 timing
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 13:18:30 -0700
>Gary McCormick Wrote - I think that we're looking for /reasonably-priced/
options against the day when U20 timing components are NLA ;^)

My next Timing component swap will be a KA 2400 Motor/Trans/ECU. By that
time, it will be far less expensive than having new gears manufactured.

Ball joints and A arm spindles and bushes are another matter though. There's
no "Swap" to cure those ills. It is to all are benefit to research and
pursue the manufacture of these parts. "To all our benefit" refers to the
fact that all years/models use the same. Presently, with the remaining stock
left, the price is close to the roadsters resale value. Next year, however,
it will be another story.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
65 L-320 Pickup