I just don't belive it

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: I just don't belive it
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:32:40 -0700
I spent this evening putting on my Solex Manifold. I thought there was no
way the rear, lower manifold nut could get any harder to get at. I was
wrong. The Solex makes this nut even more hidden than the SU. I think it's
Nissan's cruel little joke.

But that wasn't the cruelest joke of the evening. I was about to install the
Solexs and decided to check the accelerator pump diaphragms first since they
are known to leak. There was no diaphragms. There are no gaskets at all
through out both carburetors! I paid $850 for pieced together carbs with no
gaskets! Well HAHAHA on Stupid Victor! (I think I'll have that Prozac now.
Thank you)

So I'm going to bed disgusted. Tomorrow, the SU's go back on. That means I
get to play with my favorite nut twice more before Solvang. Oh Goodie!

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
65 L-320 Pickup
Los Angeles