Position of "Twisty"

To: Datsun-Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Position of "Twisty"
From: Tom Duffy <tomuo@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:23:53 -0700
I spent today installing a new set of twistys and postys on my 1968 1600,
cleaning up the tonneau cover, etc.
The soft top has been on it for ever, and I noticed that one of the holes in
the top didn't line up with the twisty underneath it. At the time, I just
put
it down to warping of the top, but when I put the tonneau on... the same
problem.
Having replaced all the back twistys and postys now, it is clear that the
second twisty from the back on the left hand side is about 3/4in forward
of it's intended position.
It doesn't look as though the bodywork has been "repaired" in anyway
requiring that the twisty move, so I'm at a loss as to why it's in the wrong
position.
The solution is to drill another hole and fill in the previous one, but I
was wondering if anyone else had seen this manufacturing mistake?

The offending twisty is the one which requires you to go in through the
trunk to get at the nut.

Regards,

Tom.