Back in business

To: plhbauman@earthlink.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Back in business
From: Jaykp@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 22:57:29 EDT
All,

I got my '68 1600 back together this weekend, after replacing the timing
chain. (You might recall that I found much of my last timing in small pieces
in the bottom of my oilpan)

She is purring like a kitten now. However, the idle is bouncing between 1,000
and 1,100 rpm. Might be time to recurve the distributor.

All went relatively routinely except for one stupid mistake that I made. I
went for a test drive before putting the hood back on the car. However, I
failed to remove the hood hardware from the tray above the engine before my
joy ride. I lost the little metal bar that props up the hood when open.
Idiot!

Does anyone have an extra one that they would like to sell?

Regards,

Jay Williams
'68 1600
Nashville, TN