Badge idea

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Badge idea
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:01:23 -0500
All,

I still like the idea of a grill badge, but I saw something this weekend
that got me thinking.  I saw an old Opel GT and it had a sticker in the
windshield from the Opel Club of America.  The neat thing is that the
sticker had a little "window" in which a registration number was placed.  I
thought that such a thing for the Roadsters would be cool.  To prevent
having more numbers that mean nothing on the car, my thought was to use the
designation for the type engine (G R or U) that the chassis was built with
and the chassis number of the car.  For example, my 67 2000 would be
registration number U00076.

Using the engine type designation for the chassis allows identification of
1500, 1600 and 2000 cars but allows for engine swaps without the ID number
becoming nuts.

Just a thought.

Sid