Badge idea

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Badge idea
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:58:21 -0500
I just had a thought.  Why are we sticking to the round badge idea?
Roadsters are unique, and I suspect that is one reason that we all like
them.  Round badges are commonplace.  A badge that is the silhouette of a
roadster (ala the SEROC emblem) with INTERNATIONAL DATSUN ROADSTER CLUB
under it (or my old favorite International Roadster Owner's Club) would be
unique and eyecatching.  Round badges are often given a cursory glance as
they are commonplace.  Another thought is to shape it like the grille of a
roadster.  3 versions could be made (for the 3 different grilles of course!)
so that the owners of 1500s and 1600s would not feel left out if it is a
2000 grill (we all know that would probably happen.

After visualizing it, I like the first idea above.

Sid