Re: Which is number 1 cylinder?

To: "WILSON,BOB \(A-SantaClara,ex1\)" <bob_wilson@agilent.com>,
Subject: Re: Which is number 1 cylinder?
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:14:00 -0800 (PST)
I had two 1600 Roadsters for a while and the distributors were exactly
180 degrees off from one another.  This is due to the distributor
having an off-center shaft slot and the oil pump shaft thingie having a
centered shaft slot.  The oil pump shaft thingie (sorry about this
technical talk) can fit in two ways, but the distributor will fit in
only one.  I asked and was told "it doesn't really matter".  Please
correct me if I'm wrong about it not mattering...

Adam
'70 1600