Re: OT Nissan Frontier followed me home

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT Nissan Frontier followed me home
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 22:28:48 -0600
Thanks for the comments, James and Fred. There was nothing wrong with the
Chevy extended cab, but we thought we were going back to Hawaii, and
didn't want nor need the hassle of a big truck in Honolulu, so when a
good offer was made we took it. Then we decided not to make the move. Oh
well.

Anyway, I've been lusting after the new crew cabs with the stubby beds,
the Chevy/GMC and the Ford. Before we bought the Chevy we looked at both
the Dakota (uncomfortable seats on a test drive, probably more so on a
trip) and the Ram Quad Cab. IMHO, they wanted way too much for them and
the Chevy rode and handled better that the Ram, particularly after I put
Bilstein sport shocks on it. AFAIK, those comparatives haven't changed
significantly. The crew cab makes sense, especially with our grandkids,
and the stubby bed keeps the truck from being terribly long. Anything too
big for the bed can go on the trailer. This time we'll forego the shell
(but use a removable cover) and will probably have the bed sprayed rather
than using a drop-in liner. I understand that you can get power on both
front seats (on all makes and models) now, too. Being able to move or
change a seating angle just a little bit can make a big difference for
both of us on long trips.

Of course they're all too darned expensive, especially here in Texas, but
what can you do? We'll look at used, but I expect used to be close enough
to new here that we'll go new again. IMO, it just doesn't make sense to
"save" just a couple of $K to buy a one or two year old truck with 15 to
20K miles already on it. I'm hoping for mid $20K, but may be too low.

We shall see,
Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)