Re: OT Nissan Frontier followed me home

To: <Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us>,
Subject: Re: OT Nissan Frontier followed me home
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:27:51 -0600
>Congrats! You're gonna love it. I bought my Frontier almost 3 months ago,
>and mentioned to the wife this weekend that I really really like the Crew
>Cab. Nissan's got a winner with this truck. Let me know if you need a
>trailer hitch, I saved hundreds by going non-Nissan for the hitch. Also, if
>you're getting a bed extender they go for $159 all over the internet, don't
>let them talk you into paying more. The extender is great for holding
>groceries in the bed.

Okay guys. Sounds like you've probably not played with it too much yet,
Phil, so Fred, have you done any towing? Like a car on a trailer (3500
lbs, give or take)? We're gonna start looking for another truck ourselves
soon and the prime criteria is to be able to pull a car/trailer combo
cross country (D/FW to either coast) very safely and in comfort. Not
necessarily absolute luxury, but I think you'll know what I'm talking
about.

Wouldn't mind better mileage than the fullsize '97 Chevy we had would get
either. Although we never made the trip in the truck and towing, there's
a big difference in the cost of a round trip from here to Shasta when/if
you get 18 to 20 mpg versus 13 to 15. However, if there's a compromise to
be made I'd probably lean toward a bigger, more powerful tow vehicle.

Now I guess I'll have to start shopping the lots, too. Spring is here,
after all.

Congratulations to you both,
Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)