Re[2]: OT Nissan Frontier followed me home

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re[2]: OT Nissan Frontier followed me home
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:31:39 -0800
Ron,

I have to be honest with you. You're probably better off going with that
bigger more powerful tow vehicle. IMHO, the Frontier Crew Cab is not that
kind of truck (across country towing). For me, any towing is going to be
short trips (500 miles or less). A roadster on a trailer (3500 lbs) falls
within the range a Frontier CC can handle, but it's at the upper limits
with several passengers and stuff in the truck. (So I've read.) I haven't
done any towing with it yet. Calspeed promises to let me practice towing
with his trailer, and when that happens I'll let you know our
observations. Calspeed has a Pathfinder.

A Nissan Pathfinder can actually handle more because it has the larger engine
(3.5v6?). They could only put a 3.3v6 in the Frontier because of engine
compartment space limitations. I got the Frontier CC as an all-around compromise
- it combines 4-door roominess for our family with a truck bed to do hauling
chores and a short footprint for easy parking. My wife and daughters prefer it
to the Altima.

Mileage in the Frontier hasn't been all that great (15-20) but I found out from
other owners that a bed tonneau cover takes care of airflow problems and
increases gas mileage (I'll get a cover soon). The thing I like about the
Frontier is that it's very comfortable, and the ride is very smooth like a car
(and better than some cars I've driven). I've been commuting to work every day
in it and it handles extremely well. The one negative is that I don't drive my
'70 Blondie anymore so it will be going away (I'll keep the '66).

Fred - So.SF