OT Nissan Frontier followed me home

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: OT Nissan Frontier followed me home
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:05:11 -0600
Hey all - Well, I went and did it.  Last Friday I bought a 01 Nissan
Frontier Crew Cab SE, two wheel drive.  It has the four doors, small bed,
automatic (wife's request), 16" alloys, roof rack, running boards, CD, VG33
motor.....  This thing is something!  Very well built - very solid.  I
bought the Gold Rush color and it gets almost as much attention as the
Roadster.  It took me a while to warm up to the front design, but now I
really like it - different.

 I went to the dealer with the print-out from the web showing their invoice
price.  They don't like seeing people walk up with these, but gave me the
truck for $500.00 over invoice without any dickering.  I tried invoice, but
happy with the price.  I went to a dealer 30 miles out.  The local dealer
thought these were too special and would not come off list - even added
475.00 for "special mark up".  Yea right!!

 Because of the added on fender flares with showing bolts and front design,
I named it Mr. Robotto.  The option I wish I could afford was the super
charger, but at 170HP/200 ft lbs torque it does well.  I sold the Dakota
pickup for a good price (trucks really hold their value compared to cars)
and so the new truck is almost half mine - I like that part.  The driveway
is now dominated by Nissan!

Happy Roadstering - and Frontiering!

Phil
SEROC
PS - more badge designs to follow from Phill Brook.