Head Bolt Torque: 66 1600

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Head Bolt Torque: 66 1600
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:09:13
After a 800 mile breaking-in on the rebuild of my 66 1600 engine, I brought
the car into my local mechanic to have the head re-torqued.

I left him my roadster shop book. When I picked up the car, I asked him what
spec he torqued the head to....65. The spec book says it should be only 35.
He also mentioned the the head bolt were heavy duty, like the type used in
chevy engines.

Well, it appears he set the head to the wrong spec for a 1600. Will this
cause any damage? Do a really need to have the head retorqued again?? What
spec should I have the heads torqued to?

Thanks,

Dan Zubkoff
San MAteo, CA

66 SPL311, CSP311