Re: Perfect Day for a Run AND for an Auto-X

To: "Thomas in Sweden" <csp311@telia.com>,
Subject: Re: Perfect Day for a Run AND for an Auto-X
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 18:51:09 -0500
The common misconception many people have of the Ferrari paddle shift option
is that it is an automatic tranny but as Tom pointed out it is a manual
tranny with the computer performing the shifts and far faster than 99.5% of
the general public can. The computer also blips the throttle to make the
upshifts or downshifts perfect.

I think that as of today Ferrari is the only major car manufacturer to offer
such an option.

Mike