Re: Perfect Day for a Run AND for an Auto-X

To: A datsun list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Perfect Day for a Run AND for an Auto-X
From: Thomas in Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 23:13:22 +0100
As I remember the shifter is only for reverse gear.
The 355 was the first to get the F1 option. Now
the replacement (360) also have this. They have
the F1 emblem in the rear.

As it's difficult to make us give up the stick shift in
Europe this system will come in more cars within the
next 3 to 5 years. Most will have push buttons on the
steering wheel instead. (Up/Down or +/-) There are
already traditional automatics that can be shifted manually
but recent development is towards the sequential shift
manual transmissions. The clutch pedal will become a
thing of the past. There will still be a small "shifter" for
reverse/forward. Both Swedish auto manufacturers already
have 4 axle, 6-speed transmissions with computers to control
the clutch, shifts and the all wheel drive systems. This should
be available by 2003 model year. A Milano based automaker
will soon return to USA with the latest Saab drivetrain and
Saab tuned GM engines.

Thomas

--
 Thomas in Sweden