Re: Miata seats

To: "Craig Odell" <CDADDYO@prodigy.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata seats
From: Mark Dent <stickerman@home.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:56:30 -0500
At 05:00 PM 2/26/01 -0800, Craig  Odell wrote:
>Hey List,
>
>I'm thinking about putting Miata seats in my 68 2000.
>Anyone done this recently?

Yes

>Is this a difficult install?

Nope. 2 modifications.  There is a peg on the track of the Miata
seat.  Hacksaw it off.  The seat bottom sticks below the track about 1/2
inch.  I tapped it up with a rubber mallet.  That is it

>How many more holes do I need to drill?

I put the seats in the factory hole in the front near the tranny tunnel and
drilled the other 3.

I will say this is the best thing I did to my 68.  Since I have done it (2
years ago) so have others who have ridden in my car.

Mark
Baltimore
1964 1500
1968 1600