Re: 1500 Transmission Assessment

To: "Charles Hubbard" <cehubbard@home.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 Transmission Assessment
From: "Teesun68" <teesun68@cadvision.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:49:15 -0700
Not sure about the 1500 but I took apart my 4 speed for 1600 and it is a
snap to do. Used a punch to get the rods out ( I had a small one and used a
back end of it). You are not supposed to do it that way ( tough on the
business end of it ) but all it needed is a soft tap so it was not an issue.
No other special tools were required. Cringe,cringe...if you are really
careful you can do it with a small screwdriver but be "very gentle" as not
to mark up the shaft. IF it is stuck...get a proper softer driver.
    Cheers...Michael

'68 1600 in pieces

P.S. if you need more details re how I took mine apart, e-mail me off the
list so not to take up the band with. No "ready procedure" since I took it
apart only once so I won't take up everyone's time! :):)