Re: 1500 Transmission Assessment

To: "Charles Hubbard" <cehubbard@home.com>,
Subject: Re: 1500 Transmission Assessment
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 11:44:45 -0600
>For this information, I turned to the original
>Japanese manual and for the life of me can't figure out how to (I'm not
>making this up) "using soft metal dirt, drive the countershaft forward".

Would you believe they probably mean a soft metal drift? They're rods,
somewhat like a punch, but usually flat and sized to drive a pin or shaft
out in a friction fitting. They're softer that the material being banged
upon so they don't mess it up.

Could be wrong, but that's a educated guess. I don't do transmissions.
Way too many small parts, particularly roller and needle bearings to lose.

HTH, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)