Re: Seat Belts

To: roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Belts
From: noji <noji@snowman.med.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:42:30 -0800
Roadsterites,

On the topic of seat belts, over Thanksgiving I went to visit a friend
who recently picked up a 510.  The car has had a ton of suspension &
engine work.  The seats had been replaced with Recarros with 4 point
harness.  One needs to really work at turning around to see while
backing up, but what a difference.  I've done some white water kayaking,
where the boat becomes an extension of the body and this almost felt the
same way.  The seats allowed no lateral movement (maybe I ate too much
turkey) and the harness kept the whole body close to the seats.  I was
surprised that the suspension was very tight, but running over bumps
didn't have the harshness of a Roadster, or at least Roadsters that I've
been in.

Dana
--
Dana Nojima, Ph.D.