Re: Seat Belts

To: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat Belts
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:12:22 EST
Robert.Long@CSDInc.com writes:

<< I have a question on seat belts.  Should I have shoulder belt?  From
looking
 at my spare 67.5, I can see where the lap belts are bolted, but it looks like
 there may have been a shoulder belt coming from the rear luggage area?
Anyone have any pics of how their seat belts are set up? >>

Hello,

Yes, a shoulder belt is nice to have for obvious reasons.  As for my car, I
didnt want to spend the extra $$$ on a passenger side five point system since
I dont race with passengers.  But a shoulder harness was important to have.
What I did was an extra set of lap belts.  I attached one to the rear shelf
area where there is a mounting bolt and the other to the floor where the lap
belt is secured.

The passenger now has two seperate belts to secure but it works well.  I have
also seen some conversions to three point retractable systems.  I think the
Katman has one on his which is secured to the rollbar.

Calspeed